For any who would enjoy more time for silence, solitude and simplicity — apart from day to day busy-ness and burdens.
This is an opportunity to enjoy time for refreshment, re-creation and reconnection.
A group of about 10-15 will share the day respectfully, in a nearby, relaxed and lovely setting.
No previous experience of such events will be presumed.
- Saturdays (on dates determined)
- 10.00 am—4.00 pm (or some part, as you choose).
- St John’s Heidelberg, which is surrounded by the beautiful Warringal Park and only 200m from the Yarra River.
- Just 5 kms from Kew up Burke Rd Nth
- Melways 32 B4
- Car parking is available on site
Our ‘home room’ is light, quiet and comfortable. The balcony overlooks parklands. A kitchen and facilities are nearby. There is good wheelchair access. Other spaces available for our use include the historic Church and beautiful grounds (with a meditation walk).
- The program is very flexible.
- You may prefer to keep your personal quietness for the day.
- You may choose to join in some or all the activities on offer (which will include two short ‘talks’ with some discussion and opportunities for relaxation, meditation and prayer.
- A selection of books for reading and reflection will also be available.
Since this is a ‘retreat day’ participants will be asked to maintain an atmosphere of quietness.
Facilitators will be there for any who feel the need for a chat, or for a little care or counsel.
- BYO lunch
- Morning and afternoon tea will be provided
- The day cost will be $15 (or as negotiated)
- Assistance for transport can be arranged
If you have any enquiries and for registrations please phone Cathy (9857 5561) or David (9859 8593).
This is a community activity of St Paul’s Anglican Church East Kew. Over recent years people from St Paul’s and friends have enjoyed ‘quiet days’ and now extend the invitation to others.